Art Walk West to Highlight Creative Movement with Virtual and Self-Guided Tour
Sixth Annual Edition to be Held on Saturday, October 24
The WEST DALLAS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE hosts the sixth annual edition of ART WALK WEST on Saturday, October 24, 2020, a celebration of the creative culture in West Dallas with a virtual and in-person self-guided tour. The 6th annual Art Walk West aspires to create a safe space for community connection through the arts while also lifting artistic voices addressing issues of social justice. Participating artists, studios, artist-run spaces, galleries, arts organizations, and creative businesses will have their doors open for visitors from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. There will be a variety of virtual and drive-thru stops (masks required!) in West Dallas, many on Fabrication Street! Maps will be posted soon with the stop locations. You will also be able to tune in on our social media and YouTube channels for the virtual experience! Each public space will be limited to 10 people. Visitors are encouraged to start at TRINITY GROVES, where maps will be available. Art Walk West is free, open to the public and family-friendly. Register here.
ART WALK WEST celebrates the creative culture of West Dallas, including one of the city’s largest concentrations of artist studios, housed in the emerging Tin District. Visitors can embark on a self-guided tour of artist studios, galleries, exhibition spaces, outdoor sculptures and murals over the course of the afternoon. Creative businesses and restaurants will be open for a taste of local flavor.
Tour Stops: TOUR STOPS (VIRTUAL & DRIVE-THRU) INCLUDE:
– 16 murals painted “live” in locations across West Dallas in addition to existing murals
– Art exhibits at Sweet Pass Sculpture Park, the Tin District, and ex ovo
– An inaugural show at 500x Gallery, which recently moved from Deep Ellum
– A juried art show by prominent artists Sedrick and Letitia Huckaby
– Deadbolt Studios will have installations outside created by Tabatha Trolli and Jer’Lisa Devezin
CODE OF CONDUCT: In order to ensure that the 2020 Art Walk West is a safe event, we require that all attendees follow the AWW Code of Conduct for in-person tour stops:
– Protective face masks and 6 feet social distancing are required at all times.
– Each public space will be limited to 10 people.
– Follow entrance and exiting instructions.
– If you do not feel well, or have COVID-19 symptoms or exposure, please stay home.
– Treat attendees, artists, and staff with patience and respect.
– Anyone who does not comply will be asked to leave.
– Attendance at tour stops acknowledges consent to Code of Conduct and policies
With thanks to the 2020 Art Walk West Sponsors: The Belmont Hotel, Tin District, Trinity Groves, West Dallas Investments, Dallas Transfer, Atmos Energy, Oaxaca Interests, Sweet Pass Sculpture Park, EMSPAA (The Eugene McDermott Scholars Program Alumni Association), Methodist Healthcare Systems, Las Haciendas, Cypress at Trinity Groves, 3015 Trinity Groves, Blanks, ACTX , Nature Nate’s, Peaberry Coffee, Singleton Tattoo, Dallasites101, Dickies, Sunbelt , Greenleaf Ventures, Texas Rangers
About the West Dallas Chamber of Commerce
Originally incorporated in 1994, the mission of the West Dallas Chamber of Commerce is to advance and promote the economic environment for business in West Dallas. Since its formation, the Chamber has defined West Dallas as bordered by the Trinity River on the east and north, the Trinity’s West Fork on the west, and I-30 on the south. One of the few all-volunteer chambers of commerce in the Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area, the West Dallas Chamber of Commerce is led by a 15-member board of directors.
ART WALK WEST Committee members: Trey Burns, Gerard Dillon, Autumn Garrison, Terry Han, Will Heron, Tamara Johnson, Allison Klion, Anne Kogan and Butch McGregor